The study of diversity within the UMR DIADE meets several objectives.
Studies of phylogeny and evolutionary biogeography concern:
- Cases of radiative speciation and evolutionary disparities according to environnmental regions (island vs. continental, palaeo-neo-tropical);
- Adaptive patterns in phylogenies;
- Comparative molecular evolution;
- The role of hybridization in evolution
Another part of the research focuses on conservation issues regarding genetic resources:
- use of biotechnology (in vitro culture, cryopreservation) for long-term ex situ conservation;
- study of certain biological and physical mechanisms in relation to cryopreservation;
- study of the processes of domestication and conservation in situ / on farm.